Don’t forget to buy stamps!
January 25, 2013 in Journal
In the US the price of stamps goes up on Monday, the 27th. If you want to stock up on Forever stamps before the price increase, then head out to your post office today. Alternatively, you can order them online and have them delivered to your door.
Summary of the 2013 USPS postage rate increase:
- First Class Letters (1 oz.) will increase by one cent to $0.46 from $0.45. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.20 (no change)
- First Class Flats (1 oz.) will increase by two cents to $0.92 from $0.90. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.20 (no change)
- Postcard rates will increase by one cent to $0.33 from $0.32
- Priority Mail Commercial Base (online postage) rates will increase by an average of 6.3% and will start at $5.05 (previously at $4.90)
- Express Mail Commercial Base (online postage) rates will increase by an average of 5.8% and will start at $13.09 (previously at $12.85)
- First Class Mail International packages will be renamed First Class Package International Service. The service now includes Commercial Base discounts of up to 10% off retail rates. It will also include free electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International for packages being delivered to Canada
- Parcel Post is being renamed Standard Post and will only be available for purchase at the Post Office
- Parcel Select is replacing Parcel Post for online postage vendors and will now include free Delivery Confirmation
- Express Mail International insurance coverage will be increased to $200 from $100. The coverage is included for free
- For Priority Mail International Flat Rate service, a special rate will be offered for delivery service to Canada. Mexico is now included with “all other countries”
- New Product! A Global Forever Stamp is being introduced to send a one ounce letter or postcard to any country in the world for $1.10