Welcome to December!
December 2, 2013 in Journal
We’re two months away from the 2014 Month of Letters and you can start practicing with your holiday cards. The USPS has a handy shipping guide for when things need to be in the mail to have a reasonable chance of arriving at Christmas within the US.
- First-Class Mail® Service – Dec. 20
- Priority Mail® Service – Dec. 21
- Priority Mail Express™ Service1 – Dec. 23
- Standard Post™ Service – Dec. 14
- Destination Network Distribution Center (DNDC) Drop Ship- Dec. 19
- Destination Delivery Unit (DDU) Drop Ship – Dec. 21
For those in the UK, the Royal Mail publishes a similar list that’s enhanced by this article in the Guardian.
- Second class and Royal Mail signed for: Wednesday 18 December.
- First class and Royal Mail signed for: Friday 20.
- Special delivery: Monday 23.
Of course that’s just for domestic delivery. If you are sending something to another country, the times get greater. Where’s the farthest away you are planning to send some holiday cheer?