LetterMo 2017

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bridget Larsen Bridget Larsen 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Heather
    Heather
    Participant

Hello! Long time no see for me on here!! I have a few letters to catch up on. My kiddies are still writing to many of their new friends they made on here last year! They also have a few letters to catch up with … that said we are all looking forward to February 2017! πŸ˜€ Roll on LetterMo!!

Bye for now
    Heather
    xxxxx

Heather - A Cross Stitch Crazy & letter writing Addict Living in NI .... Cant wait to hear from you πŸ™‚
    Lets put pen to paper very soon!
    @xstitchchick -
    http://heathersstitchingstory.blogspot.co.uk/ -
    www.postable.com/heathercunnah

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome back Heather *waves* Lovely to see you again.

I always enjoy this time of year because we have Christmas and New Year out of the way (lovely but exhausting!!!) and, at the time of writing this, have just three weeks before all the fabulous fun of LetterMo 2017 is upon us! This year I will be organised and ready for the off with pen poised, reams of paper to hand and stamps stocked up….and a list of lovely people to write to.

Hats off to our lovely Mary for making February such an exciting month!

Profile photo of TracyG
    TracyG
    Participant

I’ve signed up again for 2017 and in the process of adding all my old friends back to my friend list. I’m spending this hot, sunny afternoon catching up on the mail that came in over the last two weeks.

Profile photo of Jasmine S-K
    Jasmine S-K
    Participant

Hello, I skipped 2016 but I’m back and hopefully will complete the challenge this year. I seem to start strong then taper off. To avoid that, I will try to set up a writing schedule well before the month begins.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Looking forward to 2017! I got a bunch of new stationery to get ready. I think I’ll take Jasmine’s lead and set up a schedule to keep me on track this time around.

Profile photo of Melissa Krueger
    Melissa Krueger
    Participant

*waves* I’m here, and will be participating. I think I’m going to focus entirely on my replies to letters I have first, since I’m still so far behind after a very bad year. But I will be here! πŸ™‚

Postable: http://www.postable.com/melissakrueger ** Blog: http://www.measi.net/measiblog/

Profile photo of Shaz
    Shaz
    Participant

This will be my first year participating and I am looking forward to writing letters and making new friends from around the world. πŸ™‚

Will the logo be updated for 2017 participants?

Profile photo of Bridget Larsen
    Bridget Larsen
    Participant

My second year, I loved the first year, made many friends, lost many penpals (I think some only write for the month of February is my guess)

My blog: http://bridgetlarsen.blogspot.com.au/

Profile photo of Carrye
      Carrye
      Participant

The logo is usually updated. I think last year it was updated by a participant. Mary does so much keeping us going in other ways. Not the least of which is hosting. πŸ™‚

Welcome!

www.postable.com/mizlit / Postcardly referral: https://postcardly.com/ref/0polzmqh /Patreon Member/SendSomething.Net
      InCoWriMo 2017 Participant https://incowrimo-2017.org/ Letter Writers Alliance Member

Profile photo of Heather
    Heather
    Participant

*waving back* Lovely to see you all again! Im really looking forward to February πŸ˜€

Heather - A Cross Stitch Crazy & letter writing Addict Living in NI .... Cant wait to hear from you πŸ™‚
    Lets put pen to paper very soon!
    @xstitchchick -
    http://heathersstitchingstory.blogspot.co.uk/ -
    www.postable.com/heathercunnah

Profile photo of Christina
    Christina
    Participant

I started a writing calendar for February 2017. I did crazy-well in finding kindred spirits to correspond with when I started last year, and look forward to a combination of catching up and ‘hooking’ new-to-me kindred spirits with shared joys and enthusiasms.

May every post day be a Happy Mail day for you all!

Profile photo of Chris Kahana
    Chris Kahana
    Participant

Third time’s the charm, right?

It’s year three for me… the first two were fun but ultimately, I fell behind. First year I sent out 3 letters, last year it was 10. This year I’m aiming for the full 28. I even asked Santa for stationary and a pen and ink to get prepared for it! I do have a stack of letters from last year I’m supposed to be replying to, but I’m also looking for new pen-pals.

If you want to help me make it all the way to 28, feel free to send me a letter, or let me know you’d like one!

Profile photo of Skye
    Skye
    Participant

Too rainy to work outside yesterday so I cleaned and organized my desk (an antique rolltop that belong to three generations before me) and found four full boxes of stationery and matching envelopes. Must be a sign! πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Cassie Williams
    Cassie Williams
    Participant

I feel a full month of letters coming on! I’ve not done the whole month yet as I just fall behind & get busy. But I ready to go this year!

πŸ™‚

Profile photo of IndigoAngel
    IndigoAngel
    Participant

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ hellllooooo everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

2016 seemed to start ok for me, but then quickly fell apart in oh so many ways that i was truly pleased to see the end of it – we are almost 3 weeks into a new year and i do not feel much more organised … being away for long stretches does that i guess …

i have not decided exactly how i’ll approach 2017 lettermo – of course i’ll be here, but maybe a little quieter whilst i reconnect with my letterwriting mojo – it is difficult to explain and of course this is a public forum – lets just say 2016 was my annus horribilis – seriously – and because i like to send more positive mail, it is a challenge to rise above the muck as much as i try…

anyhoo.. see some of you in a mailbox during february
    happy letterwriting month

πŸ˜‰

essentials of life - love & laughter, good books & coffee, and chocolate & snail mail

The new logo is up and ready! I’m so glad to see you all back and ready for another go. Just a reminder… any mail sent is an achievement. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t manage to send mail all 24 days the post runs. If you send even a little, you’ve made someone’s day brighter and, in my book, that’s winning.

2017 participant badge

--
    Mary Robinette Kowal
    http://www.maryrobinettekowal.com

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Cool logo. Happy to see 2017 posts πŸ™‚

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

2016 seemed to start ok for me, but then quickly fell apart in oh so many ways that i was truly pleased to see the end of it

I’ve spoken to quite a few people who have said the same! 2016 wasn’t a really ‘bad’ year for me….but it certainly wasn’t an exciting one either hahaha. I’m sure 2017 will be a much better one for everyone (((HUGS)))

Profile photo of Ronda Stall
    Ronda Stall
    Participant

I am ready this year- last year I was ready and my husband was trapped under a pick up truck – just was about to go back to work and had a heart attack- then we were illegally evicted – and 2 weeks after moving our new place caught on fire- we lost 7 dogs and everything else – so I NEED this for mental health – but I may not have fancy stationary etc – my heart has just been broken over the loss of my furbabies and I have not “engaged” back into normalcy yet – but I am hoping to make new friends and rekindle past friendships –

postable.com/rondastall

***I have a new mailing address from last year***

**The best part of my day is when I get your letter in the mail**

Profile photo of Skye
    Skye
    Participant

For me LetterMo is an opportunity more than a challenge. πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Essi Id
    Essi Id
    Participant

This year I’ll try. Don’t know if I will be able to send a piece of mail each day, but I’ll give it a valiant effort – that’s for sure. πŸ˜€

Profile photo of Jei-Nhy
    Jei-Nhy
    Participant

Hello fellow Letter writers!

I can’t believe February is almost here. This will be my third year? Maybe even fourth. The second half of 2016 wasn’t kind to me so I’ve been having letter writing sprints to reply to pen pals who caught me during this challenging time. I’m making progress so I’m crossing fingers I will be all caught up once February starts.

Looking forward to participating again and “meeting” new people!

Pen pals are always welcome so message me if you're interested.
    www.postable.com/jeinhybarino

Profile photo of Shannon
    Shannon
    Participant

This will be my first year. I am so excited!

Profile photo of petrini1
    petrini1
    Participant

I bought some pens yesterday and ordered some new stationery today. Looking forward to it!

Cathy Petrini
    http://www.postable.com/catherinepetrini

Profile photo of Eva
    Eva
    Participant

Hello fellow Letter writers!

I can’t believe February is almost here. This will be my third year? Maybe even fourth. The second half of 2016 wasn’t kind to me so I’ve been having letter writing sprints to reply to pen pals who caught me during this challenging time. I’m making progress so I’m crossing fingers I will be all caught up once February starts.

Looking forward to participating again and β€œmeeting” new people!

Hi Jei-Nhy, your letter is on top of my mail pile, sorry for the delay!

Just printed the lettermo calender, looking forward to the challenge. πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Jei-Nhy
      Jei-Nhy
      Participant

Hi Eva! Not to worry. I look forward to your letter. Hope all is well. Can’t wait for this challenge!

Pen pals are always welcome so message me if you're interested.
      www.postable.com/jeinhybarino

Profile photo of Corinne L
    Corinne L
    Participant

An “On This Day” post on FB prompted me to come over to the site today and see what’s happening on the forums. I wasn’t super consistent with last year’s LetterMo and hope to rectify that this year.

www.postable.com/corinnel

Profile photo of Carrye
    Carrye
    Participant

VistaPrint is having a 50% off postcard sale *(among other things). Anyone have free image resources they like for creating postcards?

www.postable.com/mizlit / Postcardly referral: https://postcardly.com/ref/0polzmqh /Patreon Member/SendSomething.Net
    InCoWriMo 2017 Participant https://incowrimo-2017.org/ Letter Writers Alliance Member

Profile photo of Lyn Thorne-Alder
    Lyn Thorne-Alder
    Participant

Hello!

I’m new and excited to try this! I’m going to use it, among other things, to get in touch with family I haven’t spoken to in decades. Whether they reply or not, that’s up to them, but I think it’ll be fun.

Profile photo of Sara Glassman
    Sara Glassman
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    I’m so excited that we’re just a week away from the 2017 LetterMo! I have so much stationary and I’m beginning to get a little better at my envelope decoration.

This year, I’m helping out with the actual event a bit too. Last year, K.Tempest Bradford posted a call for guest blogs. She and Mary have some things lined up already, but I’m helping out by finding community members who would like to write a post. If you have an idea and would like to write a guest blog this year, please message me via the forum so we can get a headcount and schedule together.
    If you’re interested, I need to hear from you by February 1 and the blog post would be due by February 10.

I’m going to post this in it’s own thread too, so I don’t clutter up this one. ^.^

Happy letter writing!

Sara Glassman - * Postable: www.postable.com/saraglassman * website: www.medusaslibrary.com

Profile photo of Mia
    Mia
    Participant

I’m committed elsewhere and there is some uncertainty, so I won’t officially take part this time.

Profile photo of Charlene
    Charlene
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new here and this is my first time participating in LetterMo! I’ll mostly be writing to friends and family in Canada and in the Philippines, but I’m definitely open to new pen pals! I’m invested in zine culture, which is also closely tied to mail culture in a way, and I just love sending things. Looking forward to February!

Profile photo of Diana
    Diana
    Participant

Hello everyone πŸ™‚
    I plan on writing at least a postcard and replies.
    Last year was so hectic, full of stress and it seemes like this one is not different.
    BUT I will do my best.

Profile photo of Mrs Ria Cabral
    Mrs Ria Cabral
    Participant

I didn’t take part in 2016 but feel 2017 will be great . I am ready to write and with fresh new ideas.
    I also purchased some official The 2017 LetterMo postcard. I’ll keep one for myself as a reminder
    and then send out the rest.
    If there is anyone that likes mail art or handmade postcards do let me know!
    See you next week.

http://hashtaghappymail.blogspot.com/

Profile photo of eel
    eel
    Participant

Hej all,

eel, here.

Hoping to correspond and make new friends.

232 Cormorant Road
    Prince Rupert, BC V8J 4E9
    Canada

Write on…

eel

Just a reminder that people who aren’t logged in can see this forum. It’s safer to leave your address in the Private Mailing address Exchange forum or in your profile. Those are only visible to logged in users. Safer still is Postable.com

--
    Mary Robinette Kowal
    http://www.maryrobinettekowal.com

Profile photo of Lana Hayes
    Lana Hayes
    Participant

We have two days and a wake up! I am excited to participate in A Month of Letters for the third year in a row.

Profile photo of grumpifrog
    grumpifrog
    Participant

I debated doing LetterMo again this year but I have a stack of letters waiting to be answered (to get me started) and I developed so many good friendships over the past few years, I thought, why not. Friend me or message me if you want to connect and for my address, but a couple disclaimers: I prefer writing to women over 40 and for various reasons, I’ll only respond to women letter writers. And I really would like to hear from those who want long-term pen pals, rather than a February one and done.

Profile photo of Bridget Larsen
    Bridget Larsen
    Participant

Last year I sent 207 in total for Lettermo my first year participating. I vowed not to do that again this year. Well so far I have already sent 14 hahhaha without meaning to. These are replies to letters I have received in Dec/Jan and new mail…I think I am addicted to letter writing.

I love the new badges. I am not aiming to outdo myself this year, just aiming to get my pile of letters answered hahaaha.

Who knows I may meet some new people this year!

Send me mail, you know I reply here heee 207 of them.

My blog: http://bridgetlarsen.blogspot.com.au/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.