reply achievement

About the Challenge Forums Month of Letters 2014 reply achievement

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ruth Feiertag Ruth Feiertag 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Heather Pearson
    Heather Pearson
    Participant

this doesn’t seem to be working, I have clicked three different times that I sent a reply, but have not been acknowledged as having unlocked that achievement, nor is it listed under my achievements.

Profile photo of EAJ3
    EAJ3
    Participant

Though the Reply and Hand-Cancelled achievements appear in the What-have-you-mailed-today list (and I’ve been dutifully checking them throughout the month), they aren’t on the list displayed on the Achievements page itself.

http://lettermo.com/achievements

Just an oversight, I guess; oh, well. I kept reminding myself not to obsess about the numbers, and just to enjoy writing and receiving the letters. I sometimes succeeded.

Profile photo of Elaine Mazzo
    Elaine Mazzo
    Participant

I noticed that also. I sent replies today and yesterday and it hasn’t shown up yet.

Elaine
    ------
    Feel free to write: P.O. Box 2614, Midlothian, VA 23113

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Seems to be another flaw on the web site – where there are tick boxes to select but no reward for doing so – it has been a fun challenge though!

Profile photo of Meg Winikates
    Meg Winikates
    Participant

I was assuming that the ‘reply’ tag was a way of helping oneself keep track, as opposed to being an achievement. That’s how I’ve been using it, anyway! Since I don’t usually log my correspondence any other way it’s been cool to look back at my activity forth and back and forth again over the month.

Profile photo of Lana Hayes
    Lana Hayes
    Participant

Meg, I went old school and printed out the LetterMo calendar to track outgoing correspondence. However, it’s good that I tend to write small.

Profile photo of Meg Winikates
    Meg Winikates
    Participant

I did that too! But the written plan did not follow the actual month’s writing, and now it’s all scribbledy and arrows and checkmarks all over the place, so having the electronic record helps to straighten it all back out again!

Profile photo of karent47
    karent47
    Participant

I have done a lot of “reply” but I don’t show it either. Dang! I hadn’t noticed until I saw your post.

Karen in Virginia Beach

Profile photo of Anja
    Anja
    Participant

Badges for Hand-Cancelled and Zine seem to be missing as well – and there’s none for the whole month of letters, should have got that one today but didn’t

I don't have a Postable account and don't really want to add my address anywhere there but I'm open for new penpals and letters from everywhere - my address is in my profile

Profile photo of Stephanie Leary
    Stephanie Leary
    Keymaster

I’ve just added the 2014 winner badge. I thought Mary had created it at the beginning of the month, but it didn’t exist yet! Whoops. It’s there now, and everyone who should have it now does.

You’re all right about the reply, hand-cancelled, and zine badges, too. We didn’t get those sorted out before things got underway this year.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks, Stephanie, for everything you did for us here! Badges or no badges, I just had a wonderful time here and appreciate the work you did.

Profile photo of Ruth Feiertag
    Ruth Feiertag
    Participant

I’ve just added the 2014 winner badge. I thought Mary had created it at the beginning of the month, but it didn’t exist yet! Whoops. It’s there now, and everyone who should have it now does.

You’re all right about the reply, hand-cancelled, and zine badges, too. We didn’t get those sorted out before things got underway this year.

Stephanie,

Just FYI: The icon that shows up on my notice is the generic silhouette. Is that what it’s supposed to look like?

And I concur with Olivia’s post above.

Ruth

Ruth Feiertag * www.postable.com/ruthfeiertag * http://www.penknife-editing.net

Profile photo of Stephanie Leary
    Stephanie Leary
    Keymaster

I didn’t have an icon until just a minute ago. It’s there now!

Profile photo of Ruth Feiertag
    Ruth Feiertag
    Participant

I didn’t have an icon until just a minute ago. It’s there now!

Lovely. I wasn’t sure whether it was just me and my un-techy self or not.

One of the things I love about LetterMo is that everyone can “win.” That’s my kind of challenge.

Thanks, Stephanie.

Ruth

Ruth Feiertag * www.postable.com/ruthfeiertag * http://www.penknife-editing.net

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I had to smile when I got the “winner” badge as it said 2013! 😉 It’s all good, though, because this was a fun year. I’ll be back next year –for my 2014 and 2015 badges! In the months between I’ll still be writing, regardless of badges.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.