Used postal stamps for charitable causes etc

About the Challenge Forums Month of Letters 2017 Used postal stamps for charitable causes etc

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mia Mia 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Natalie Morrow
    Natalie Morrow
    Participant

I collect used postal stamps for charitable causes etc and wanted to know dose anyone on here do the same if so which organisation do you collect for also besides used postal stamps what else can you collect in order to help a cause love to hear your views

Profile photo of Mia
    Mia
    Participant

I have been looking into this… There is so much choice in the UK for sending used stamps to as donations for them to raise money – there’s a charity / organisation for almost anything wanting them – cancer, other diseases, hospitals, support services…. Oxfam (their Canadian website lists accepting stamps, but no mention on the US site, when I looked about a month ago).

However, trying to find anything outside of the UK… There’s the philatelic place wanting them for educational purposes. There are veteran charities in the US. There may also be churches there and in other countries wanting used stamps. But that is as far as I got. One comment received elsewhere was that they did not know that used stamp donation was a thing you could do.

I’ll have another look this month, see if I can get any more success. I’ve got a few details for Australia (will add later, it is after 1am).

Profile photo of Mia
    Mia
    Participant

I haven’t been able to find mainstream charities around the world, but I did find various churches and veteran groups.

There’s a TB charity in Norway – Tubfrim.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.