Will you……

This topic contains 25 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bridget Larsen Bridget Larsen 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of wendy Brooks
    wendy Brooks
    Participant

I was wondering how many continue on with letters to penpals after February is up. I’m hoping that I can continue on with it to develop discipline in other aspects of my life.

Profile photo of Pat Hayes
    Pat Hayes
    Participant

I always mean to keep writing, but life seems to get in the way. Last year, for example, I was all set – paper, envelops, pens, ink and stamps all at the ready. Then I had a health problem, and poof! there went my plans to keep writing. Once again this year, I fully intend to keep writing, although perhaps not at the same pace as during February.

Profile photo of bardbooks
      bardbooks
      Participant

Similiar hurdles for me last year, Pat. This month, I’ve made a morning ritual of writing letters and it’s become a quiet, pleasant, stress-reducing part of my day.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
      https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/write-or-call
      The White House
      1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
      Washington, DC 20500

Profile photo of Valerie S Kelley
    Valerie S Kelley
    Participant

I was wondering how many continue on with letters to penpals after February is up. I’m hoping that I can continue on with it to develop discipline in other aspects of my life.

I still have a dozen penpals that I met during Lettermo 2016. We wrote all year long.

Profile photo of Christy Shorey
    Christy Shorey
    Participant

I had about 5 or 6 folks I ended up writing for most of the year, but things fell off for me a little in autumn due to some family issues. I’m reconnecting with folks this month, and hope to reesatablish some of my old connections, and make new longer-term penpals.

--Christy

www.postable.com/christyshorey

Profile photo of TracyG
    TracyG
    Participant

I have regular long-term penpals who I write to all year some of those are friends I have met here on the Letter Mo site. Then there are some Letter Mo pals who I just connect with once a year during February and that’s ok too.

Profile photo of Carrye
    Carrye
    Participant

Because April is National Letter Writing Month and there are usually replies from LetterMo that need answering, I always “March on through…”

I struggle in May and the beginning of June when school stress ramps up for the close of the year.

www.postable.com/mizlit / Postcardly referral: https://postcardly.com/ref/0polzmqh /Patreon Member/SendSomething.Net
    InCoWriMo 2017 Participant https://incowrimo-2017.org/ Letter Writers Alliance Member

Profile photo of Lyn Thorne-Alder
    Lyn Thorne-Alder
    Participant

I’m certainly going to try, but I know that the amount I’m focusing on letter-writing so far in February is actually cutting into other projects, so I won’t keep up at this pace.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m happy to keep writing all the year through and do have a few regulars I’ve met via LetterMo over the past few years. February is always a quiet month for me with no gardening or outside jobs to do so I do find more time to write which IS lovely but even at my busiest times between mid-March to early May I still make time to write.
    I’m happy to write to folks all year round but find it equally lovely to meet those who only take part in the month of February.

The past couple of years have been slightly busy so I’ve lost touch with a few friends but this year I vow to renew all past acquaintances.

Profile photo of Sara Glassman
    Sara Glassman
    Participant

I usually have two or three people that keep writing well into the year, but I think I’ve only had one person continue all the way into the next LetterMo.
    I occasionally get distracted for a bit, but I do try to keep up my correspondence long term.
    I’ve got a penpal now who found me on Instagram that has been one of the most consistent.

Sara Glassman - * Postable: www.postable.com/saraglassman * website: www.medusaslibrary.com

Profile photo of riftvegan
    riftvegan
    Participant

Dear Wendy and ALL,
    While I have a serious postcard addiction, sending over 100 per month thru most of the year… I have an extremely hard time writing letter replies. I have good intentions, but I get overwhelmed with the mail I rcv during LetterMo, and then I need to take a break, and then I procrastinate a little, and then have moved on to other projects! I’ve not even sent any xmas thank you notes yet, because now I’ve got LetterMo people to send mail to. haha!

Happy Day,
    rift

Profile photo of Sara Glassman
      Sara Glassman
      Participant

How do you send so many postcards? Do you do lots of things like PostCrossing?

Sara Glassman - * Postable: www.postable.com/saraglassman * website: www.medusaslibrary.com

Profile photo of Elizabeth
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Definitely, I write all year. Several people from here carried on from last year and earlier… πŸ™‚

Elizabeth.
    On the English coast.
    Hoping to hear from creatively inclined people UK and Europe. See profile for other interests...

Profile photo of Mia
    Mia
    Participant

Yes. I started here in 2013 and still write to a couple of people from that. A little package arrived today from one of them, with their letter! I forgot to tell mumsie when she rang me today!

Profile photo of riftvegan
    riftvegan
    Participant

How do you send so many postcards? Do you do lots of things like PostCrossing?

Ha. πŸ™‚ The answer to this question has some serious history. I’ve been sending out postcards since July 2008.

I do have a postcrossing account, but I rarely use it any more. I am active on swap-bot, but not terribly so.

I host a postcard group on GoodReads, and I like to send to all the players every month. That’s usually a significant number.

And then I have my own personal list I send monthly postcards to… family, friends, co-workers, any vegan who is willing to give me their address. *grins*

That’s the short story, and thanks so much for the “blog fodder”. Will let you know when I post the long story.

Happy Day,
    rift

Profile photo of Pat Hayes
    Pat Hayes
    Participant

I had about 5 or 6 folks I ended up writing for most of the year, but things fell off for me a little in autumn due to some family issues. I’m reconnecting with folks this month, and hope to reesatablish some of my old connections, and make new longer-term penpals.

Profile photo of Lisa Carter
    Lisa Carter
    Participant

I plan to continue writing, since I found lettermo while in search of penpal sites πŸ™‚ I’d really like to connect with people with some similar interests so that it makes sense to write.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I send postcards as well as letters. Being a teacher, I tend to send letters every six weeks – which is when the half terms breaks are, but I’ll send out postcards more frequently. Usually, when I’ve visited a gallery or taken a trip out somewhere. There’s also digital methods of communication – so I’m not exclusively sending letters out.

I also participate in postcrossing. I send two cards a week – which seems a rather sane way of doing it. I do not feel the need to have the maximum no of cards travelling around the world at all times. I tried that in the beginning and felt that is was a rather expensive way of doing it.

Profile photo of Bradley A Harris
    Bradley A Harris
    Participant

I love writing letters. February is my highlight month. I have used InCoWriMo, for several years. I recently found this great site.

I enjoy writing letters beyond February. When write someone new it is my hope that it will be long term. Through letters friendships have developed. I look forward to every letter.

InCoWriMo, participant
    postable member www.postable.com/bradharris
    Letter Alliance member

Profile photo of Karen Davis
    Karen Davis
    Participant

I started Postcrossing last year just for something interesting. It’s been interesting to connect with people in very different countries, even if it’s just briefly. Though nearly $3 for an international stamp is expensive when you add up the number of cards you send, then some go missing completely.

Profile photo of Lisa Fries
    Lisa Fries
    Participant

Definitely planning to continue (or at least try). I made the mistake of traveling for the end of Lettermo this year (poor planning, I guess), but I’m continuing to write and send mail from abroad and I’ve promised myself that I’d respond to all mail that comes in my absence when I get home. So that should give me some momentum to continue into March!

Profile photo of Shaz
    Shaz
    Participant

I definitely will continue writing all year round. I enjoy making new friends from around the world and getting to know them and the country that they live in. πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Chris Kahana
    Chris Kahana
    Participant

This is the first year that I’ve really gotten fully into the letter writing, and there’s a couple of replies I want to write even though it’ll be March before I get to them. And there’s a couple people that I really really want to continue to write to. πŸ˜€ It’s a new and exciting feeling, the whole being anxious to hear from my penpal… growing up with the digital age, I haven’t really had a penpal before.

Profile photo of Bridget Larsen
    Bridget Larsen
    Participant

I definitely continue to write to everyone who writes to me throughout the year. Some reply and some dont, so I think some are February penpals and others are long term and I am happy with that and dont mind. I love penpals and have made some really good friends. I hope someday I can meet some of them especially the Australian ones.
    I’m getting stuck into replying to all this month and hope to complete that this week now that everything has settled down.

My blog: http://bridgetlarsen.blogspot.com.au/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.