Yesterday, the final day of the month, I tried to get out all the things I’d been meaning to mail but hadn’t quite gotten to. I didn’t quite finish; I still have a couple letters to reply to. But I was able to mail 18 things. I also managed to find a new mailbox. In fact, I found a whole new post office to mail from.
* I sent my sister in California a (late) birthday present and card.
* I mailed 8 “Girls Love Mail” letters.
* I sent a card and a copy of my one and only zine to our LetterMo founder in Chicago.
* I replied to a letter from a Texas LetterMo correspondent, whom I’ve been writing to since a prior LetterMo year.
* I replied to a letter from a LetterMo correspondent in Germany.
I also sent 6 Postcrossing cards:
* to the US (Fremont, California) a “Keep Calm & Read On” card.
* to Poland, a card with a vintage image of local landmark Mount Vernon, the estate of George Washington.
* to Ukraine, a silly card with a photo of a hamster carrying a tiny camera and appearing to take photos of a variety of tiny plastics dogs and cats.
* to Istanbul, Turkey, a picture of a Texas lighthouse.
* 2 cards to Belarus. One is a photo of Audrey Hepburn. The other is a reproduction of a movie poster from a Clark Gable/Joan Crawford film, “Strange Cargo.”