Home Forums LetterMo 2024 Introductions Reply To: Introductions

Fiona
Participant

Hello from Kansas, USA!

I participated in LetterMo and InCoWriMo back in college about 8 years ago. My life has had its ups and downs since then, but I’m feeling more settled and would love to write letters again, hopefully to meet long-term pen pals. My goal is to write at least one letter to everyone on my LetterMo friend list so I’m open to connecting with new pen friends.

My biggest interests (what my money goes towards) are traveling, manga/anime/cartoon goods, snail mail, and art-related things. I’m also on Postcrossing, but not very active because I mostly collect blank/unwritten illustrated postcards. I do love stamped postcards from people on vacation and like to send others postcards as well, though.

This year, I plan to visit Japan, Switzerland, Belgium, and Australia. Recently I’ve bought too many vintage USPS stamps, so my outgoing mail may be covered with a lot of stamps. (This makes sending international postcards difficult because I don’t have much space.) I’m not creative or disciplined enough to be a good artist, but I like to think that I occasionally I make a gem. Still, making art is always fun.

Some of my other interests include cooking, reading, meeting new people, and talking about what-ifs and other hypothetical/philosophical scenarios. I have two cats and consider myself slightly more of a cat person, but that’s just because I don’t have a dog.

A few things I casually enjoy learning about, but have no real interest in: sports, religion, and history.

Hope to hear from some of you this year!