Friends not showing

Home Forums General Friends not showing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LR McArthur
      Participant

It appears that a few of My Friends are no longer visible. Under My Friends it shows 29. When I look at the list of Friends, it shows 23. Your help on this is appreciated.

Sara Oliver
        Participant

Following. I’m having a similar issue.

Jessica (shiiallah)
          Participant

I’ve also experienced this – it seems if people have not logged into the forums in a certain period of time, they are not visible on my friends list. It only shows “recently active” friends.

Adam Yates
            Keymaster

The issue is a bug in the software we are using that causes the drop down menu for the sort option to be ignored when you load your friends list. Instead of sorting by alphabetical it is instead sorting by “Last Active.” You can work around the bug by doing the following:
              – Go to your friends page
              – Change the sort drop down menu to “Last Active”
              – Change the sort drop down menu back to “Alphabetical”

After toggling between the two, you should see your full friends list.

We have reached out to the developers of the software about the issue but have not heard back from them yet. Sorry for the inconvenience!

LR McArthur
                Participant

Thank you for the information and the help. It is very much appreciated.

Jessica (shiiallah)
                  Participant

Hi Adam, thanks for the response! So interestingly this does work, but only for page 1 of a person’s friend list. When I sort by “alphabetical”, I get all of my friends, but when I try to move to page 2, it changes the sorting back to “recent” and drops the number of visible friends, and it’s no longer alphabetical, even though the drop-down box shows “Alphabetical” as the current sorting method. If I try to switch it, it then pushes me back to the first page of friends, meaning I can’t ever see the alphabetical listing of my friends past the first page. 🙁

Adam Yates
                      Keymaster

Oh, that is good to know, and very frustrating! I’ll keep looking and see if I can find a way to force it to alphabetical sorting.

Adam Yates
                        Keymaster

Jessica, There is a way to view your full friends list. The bug seems to only effect the profile view, so if you go to the members list (lettermo.com/members) and select the tab that says “My Friends” (it should have a number next to it showing how many friends you have), you will see all your friends in alphabetical order and scroll through multiple pages of friends.

Jessica (shiiallah)
                          Participant

Thank you, Adam! That works. Thank you so much for looking for and finding a solution!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.