Month of Letters, started in 2010, is a challenge that involves connecting with others via mail. We are in need of a new logo for the 2024 LetterMo challenge and for the new LetterMo website. The LetterMo Board of Directors is excited to invite you to participate in this exciting opportunity. Your task is to design a captivating and meaningful logo that represents the essence of the Month of Letters challenge.
- Submission Window: October 4 – 25, 2023
- Design Review: October 16 – 31, 2023
- Challenge Designers Notified: November 1, 2023
- Selected Design Recognized: December 14, 2023
- Brand: The logo should incorporate the Month of Letters name and year, 2024 (LetterMo 2024).
- Simplicity: The logo should be clean and easily recognizable, even in smaller sizes.
- Theme: Consider incorporating elements related to letter writing, such as envelopes, quills, or handwritten script, into your design.
- Color Palette: Creativity is encouraged; consider using colors that evoke warmth, nostalgia, and a sense of connection. The logo should work in both color and black-and-white formats.
- Legibility: All types should be large enough to be legible in smaller formats, such as on the LetterMo website or as a social media account icon. Fonts should be accessible, ADA compliant typefaces (Example: Times New Roman, Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, and Calibri).
- Versatility: The logo should also be adaptable, scalable, and reproducible for use on various platforms, including digital and print media.
- One submission per participant.
- Challenge participants may submit hand-drawn or digital artwork, and all submissions must be human-generated content only; AI-generated designs are not permitted.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derive from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- While the design may include elements of graphic design (such as Canva clipart), the overall design should be your own creation.
- Submissions must be 1,024 px by 1,024 px.
- Hand-drawn artwork must be submitted as the highest quality possible scanned JPEG image, with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi. File sizes should not exceed 10 MB.
- Digital graphics must be submitted as a vector file (AI or SVG) for maximum scalability and versatility.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a description of 1,000 characters or less explaining what the imagery represents or references and why it represents Month of Letters. The description should also explain any graphic elements used if the submission is digital art.
How to Enter:
- Create your logo design.
- Complete the challenge submission form.
- Email your entry to LetterMo.Contact@gmail.com.
The winning designer will receive credit for their design. The LetterMo Board will dedicate a blog interview to you, where you are invited to post your small business and social media links and highlight your art.
Jury selection is made by the current LetterMo Board. Notifications will be made via email by November 1, 2023; the entrant must acknowledge receipt of the selection email by November 4, 11:59/23:59 EST. The winning logo will become the official logo of the Month of Letters website and will be featured prominently on our website, social media, and promotional materials.
- Creativity and originality
- Relevance to the theme and organization
- Aesthetic appeal
- Versatility and adaptability
- Originality and compliance with guidelines
- Participants grant the LetterMo Board a worldwide license to use this art for the purposes of the Month of Letters challenge, also known as LetterMo or @monthofletters.
- By entering, participants agree to be bound by the challenge rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility. The LetterMo Board has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
- The LetterMo Board reserves the right to withdraw selection if the winning participant does not acknowledge receipt of the November 1, 2023 selection email by November 4, 11:59/23:59 EST.
- The LetterMo Board reserves the right to cancel or modify the challenge at any time, including after the submission window has closed.
- The LetterMo Board is not liable for the purpose of selection notification in the event the entrant has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.
- The Challenge opens on October 4, 2023 12:01/00:01 EST and closes on October 25, 2023, 11:59/23:59 EST. Late submissions will not be considered.
- No more than one submission per person is allowed.
We can’t wait to see your creative submissions! If you have any questions or need clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact us at LetterMo.Contact@gmail.com.
Good luck, and may your designs capture the magic of the written word!